Confinement: Will I have to stay at the facility during the entire inpatient stay?
Yes. Studies with an inpatient stay will require participants to stay in our site for the duration of the study.
Food/Drinks: Can I bring outside food/drinks?
No. Unfortunately, outside food and drinks are not allowed. This includes any personal snacks for inpatient studies. While not always the case, some food and drink might interfere with how the study drug reacts in the body. To reduce possible risks, we do not allow outside food or drink.
Entertainment: Is there any entertainment available during free time?
Certainly! We have an entertainment room equipped with a pool table, ping pong table, theater room, arcade basketball game, TV, mini-golf, computers, and more. You are welcome to relax in the room between procedures.
Laundry: Can I do laundry for long in-patient stays?
Yes, we have a washing machine and dryer available for use on-site.
Payment: How Compensation Is Determined ?
Compensation varies depending on the study design and procedures. Click here to learn more about how compensation is determined for clinical trials.
Payment: When will I be paid?
You’ll be paid throughout the study period.
Q: Payment: How will I receive my payment—cash, check, or bank deposit?
Compensation was previously disbursed via check. However, we are transitioning to using ClinCard for faster payments. ClinCard is a reloadable debit card that will be used for your compensation.
Personal Belongings: Can I bring my laptop?
Personal Belongings: Will there be a locker or a safe for valuable items?
No. Unfortunately, we do not have lockers or safes for study participants. It is advised that you do not bring valuable items with you, and keep your belongings on-person as frequently as possible.
Confinement: What items will be provided ?
During your inpatient visits, we will provide:
• 1 pillow with pillowcase
• 1 fitted sheet
• 1 blanket
• Towel/wash cloth
Personal Belongings: Can I bring anything I want with me to the inpatient stay?
There are restrictions on what you can and cannot bring into our facility during inpatient stays. Below are items you may bring for your stay:
• Change of clothes for study duration stay
• Laundry Detergent (* Laundromat is provided. You are required to bring your own laundry detergent as needed.)
• Toothbrush/ Toothpaste
• Shampoo/ Soap (non-medicated)
• Beach sandals (For shower rooms and for convenience)
• Shaving Razor and nail clipper (* At check-in this item will be confiscated for safety. In order to use, you will be required to
check-out the item at the front desk.)
• Hairbrush/ Comb
Room: Will I have my own room?
Room assignment will be done by our Charge Nurse according to participants’ gender, protocol, age, etc. You are not allowed to exchange trade room assignments with other study participants.
Safety: Is it safe to participate in this study?
Any possible side effects will be listed in your informed consent that you must read at your screening appointment. In the event that you do experience side effects, you will be provided appropriate medical attention by our trained staff.
Transportation: Is transportation provided?
In some cases, yes. However, volunteers are also provided compensation for time and travel, which can be fully discussed during our phone screening.
Wi-Fi: Is there Wi-Fi?
Yes, we provide free Wi-Fi to our study volunteers.
Personal belongings: Are there any items prohibited to bring ?
Yes. Here is the list:
• Towel/wash cloth
• Food, drinks, candy, and gum
• Outside beverages (including water)
• Containers (example: mugs, glass cups, hydration bottles, food containers)
• Medicated toiletries (example: aloe vera lip balm, dandruff shampoo, acne face wash, vitamin E lotion, medicated lotion, eye drops etc.)
• Medications (except when approved per study)
• Medicated nasal wash/spray/inhalers (example: albuterol, nasonex)
• Wax/hair removal products
• Bleaching products, hair coloring products
• Vitamins and herbal supplements
• Flammable/aerosol products (including acetone)
• Pornographic paraphernalia
• Large electronic items and furniture
• NON-string musical instruments (guitar is allowed)
• Sharp objects (scissors, knives, nail clippers, silverware, sewing needles etc.) * in the event that you do bring these items, they
will be confiscated at check-in.
What is the age requirement for participating in clinical research trials?
To participate in a clinical research trial at Altasciences LA, you must be at least 18 years old. However, please note that each study may have different age criteria, so we recommend checking our 'Current Studies' page for specific details.
What should I do if I cannot attend one of the study dates?
Depending on the study, you might be withdrawn from the study. Yet, in some cases, we may be able to reschedule the dates to accommodate you. We recommend contacting your study manager right away if you encounter a schedule conflict.